We are Funding Circle
Funding Circle is the world’s leading marketplace for business loans. Our mission is to create a better financial world.
We're aiming to disrupt the traditional banking system by giving smaller businesses easier access to capital and providing investors with a new asset class. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in the world with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, London, Madrid and San Francisco.
If you're really bright, innovative and passionate about building a better financial world and want to do something amazing, join us!
Funding Circle in Berlin uses Ruby on Rails and Symfony2 & PHP for the core platform, and we are revamping the architecture to include Apache Kafka/Samza, Elasticsearch, Clojure and Go. The system includes Salesforce and Big Data technologies like Hadoop / Hive.
We are a test driven team where English is the common language, but you'll hear Russian, Spanish, French, Arabic, Romanian and Dutch in our Berlin office every day as well.
This is a hands-on position, where you will design, test and implement core features of the platform in close cooperation with stakeholders, product management, and users of the system.
We are part of the global Funding Circle team, so you'll have colleagues in London and San Francisco, that are living at the cutting (and sometimes bleeding) edge with Clojure, Mesos, Docker and more.
- Develop new features for all stakeholders in a test driven manner.
- Improve usability and performance to scale to a large global deployment.
- Constantly improve the quality of code and processes.
- Mentor and lead other developers.
- Own the core functionality of the platform across all systems.
- Reporting Line: CTO
- Test driven development
- Several successful projects on Symfony2 and/or Ruby on Rails in leading roles.
- Event driven systems
- Designing and validating solutions in UML
- Banking integrations, complex calculations
- Mentoring developers with less experience on the framework
- Proven ability to get things done
- Working directly with stakeholders to develop appropriate solutions.
- Languages: English mandatory, German is a plus
- Developing software in other languages, including Clojure and Go.
- DevOps experience in a cloud environment (Docker, Mesos, AWS)
- Apache Kafka / Samza, Storm
What We Offer
- Kitchen, coffee, well-stocked fridge, fresh fruit & cereal
- Test driven team with a passion for well-designed code
- You break it - you fix it
- Independent and strict QA team which will reject your tickets as easy as pie.
- Global, high growth company with the ambition to change Finance
- German lessons
- Help with visa
- Tech talks, conference visit, brown bag seminar, guilds
- MacBook Pro
- Career path to tech or people management
- Data driven culture across the company
- Fully automated development and deployment from local machine to production instances